About Arnold MD
Arnold takes its name from Thomas Hamilton Arnold. Thomas Arnold played a big role in the early history of Arnold. He donated land for the construction of the Asbury Church. Then in 1866, he opened "Arnold's Store" which is believed to have given the town its name. He was also treasurer of the Annapolis courthouse as well as a farmer. Besides donating land for the church, he and his family donated land for a school, cemetery and other buildings.
Arnold is roughly 13.4 square miles of land and has a jagged coastline. Arnold shares half the Broadneck Peninsula with an unincorporated area that's considered to be a part of Annapolis. Hundreds of years ago, this area served as a "getaway" spot for Native Americans. Native Americans were lured to the area by the abundance of oysters, fish, wildlife, and gentle breezes from the area's two picturesque rivers -- the Magothy and the Severn. Both these rivers empty into the Chesapeake Bay
Arnold is an unincorporated town. You will not find a courthouse or even a town square. Arnold does not have a visitors center. Arnold is considered to be a "suburb" or offshoot of Annapolis. Yet people who live here consider it a town in many ways. Arnold has a history. Arnold does contain landmarks, buildings of historical significance and residents certainly display a sense of pride living here. The post office in Arnold was established in the 1930's with one carrier and one clerk. Times have changed as it has become a busy post office.
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX. Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Real Estate Company. are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All listing information copyright MRIS 2019. Last updated: