As a practical matter, if you are having difficulty meeting your financial obligations, you should consider the following suggestions:
- Contact your mortgage lender and discuss the problem. They may be able to work out an arrangement to assist you over a difficult period.
- By all means pay your mortgage payment first. It is one thing to have your credit cards curtailed for non-payment; it is much worse to lose your home.
- Communicate with all your creditors in an effort to work out manageable payment terms.
- Contact the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Maryland at 800-642-2227, a non-profit organization which can assist you in restructuring your indebtedness.
- Consult a qualified lawyer who specializes in bankruptcy matters. The local lawyer referral services can assist you.
- In no event should you ever ignore or delay responding to a written communication from your mortgage lender.
Call the Maryland HOPE Hotline at 877-462-7555 to see about finding a housing counselor and/or an attorney that can help you in navigating the foreclosure process.
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX. Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Real Estate Company. are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All listing information copyright MRIS 2018. Last updated: